Class: GCFF Fly Fishing 101
Time & Location
About The Event
The GCFF Fly Fishing 101 class is scheduled for Saturday September 22nd and Sunday, September 23rd. The class will be taught at Pioneer Park in the mornings and at the Madelyn Helling Library in the afternoons.
- When: Saturday, September 22nd & Sunday, September 23rd
- Time: Pioneer Park 9:00 am to 12:00 pm – Lunch 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm. Madelyn Helling Library 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Bring Notebooks, Fly Rod, Reel, Line, 7 ½ foot 3x leader – If you need equipment let Clay Hash know.
- Folding chair, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, lunch, and snacks
- Fee: $20 to pay for the rental of the Madelyn Helling Library room
Introduction-Why do we fly fish?
- The Fly Rod and Reel
- Fly Lines, Leaders & Tippet
- Fly Fishing Glossary & Gear
- Introduction to Fly Casting
- The 5 Essentials of a Good Cast
- Let’s Get Started With Fly Casting
- Fly Fishing Knots
- Rigging Your Rod
- Trout Our Adversary
- Bugs – Making It Meaningful
- Fishing Stillwaters
- Catching & Releasing Fish
Sign up using button below or call or text Clay Hash at 530-913-1334; or email Clay at email@example.com