Class: GCFF Fly Fishing 101
Time & Location
About The Event
UPDATE: The GCFF Fly Fishing 101 class is scheduled for Saturday April 6th and Sunday, April 7th. The class will meet at the Madelyn Helling Library. We will use the ballpark behind the library for the on the grass work and the library class room in the afternoons.
- When: Saturday, April 6th & Sunday, April 7th
- Times approx: Meet outside Madelyn Helling Library at 9:30 am; day ends at 4:00 pm
- Bring Notebooks, Fly Rod, Reel, Line, 7 ½ foot 3x leader – If you need equipment let Clay Hash know.
- Bring rain hat and jacket, folding chair, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, lunch, and snacks
- Fee: $20 to pay for the rental of the Madelyn Helling Library room
Introduction-Why do we fly fish?
- The Fly Rod and Reel
- Fly Lines, Leaders & Tippet
- Fly Fishing Glossary & Gear
- Introduction to Fly Casting
- The 5 Essentials of a Good Cast
- Let’s Get Started With Fly Casting
- Fly Fishing Knots
- Rigging Your Rod
- Trout Our Adversary
- Bugs – Making It Meaningful
- Fishing Stillwaters
- Catching & Releasing Fish
Sign up using button below or call or text Clay Hash at 530-913-1334; or email Clay at email@example.com