Class: GCFF Fly Fishing 101- Spring 2020
Time & Location
About The Event
The Spring 2020 Fly Fishing 101 class is scheduled for Saturday, April 25th and Sunday, April 26th. The class will meet at the Sycamore Ranch County Park. Lake Wildwood Fishing Club is cosponsoring this class. As a result, we have limited the class to 10 participants from GCFF and 10 participants from Lake Wildwood. We will maintain a waiting list.
Sign up using button below or call or text Clay Hash at 530-913-1334; or email Clay at email@example.com
To pay the $10 fee, click this link: Pay For FF101
Directions to the Sycamore Ranch County Park
Taught by Clay Hash of Fly Fishing Traditions and mentors from Gold Country Fly Fishers
- When: Saturday, April 25th & Sunday, April 26th
- Times: Meet Sycamore Ranch County Park day use area at 9:30 am; day ends at approx 4:00 pm.
- Where: Sycamore Ranch County Park
- Bring: Notebooks, Fly Rod, Reel, Line, 7 ½ foot 3x leader – If you need equipment, contact Clay Hash.
- Bring: folding chair (unless you want to stand all day), sunglasses, sunscreen, water, lunch, and snacks, and rain hat and jacket (if rain forecasted)
- Fee: $10 per participant; sign up and pay the fee to reserve your spot.
Introduction-Why do we fly fish?
- The Fly Rod and Reel
- Fly Lines, Leaders & Tippet
- Fly Fishing Glossary & Gear
- Introduction to Fly Casting
- The 5 Essentials of a Good Cast
- Let’s Get Started With Fly Casting
- Fly Fishing Knots
- Rigging Your Rod
- Trout Our Adversary
- Bugs – Making It Meaningful
- Fishing Stillwaters
- Catching & Releasing Fish