Clinic: Dry Fly Casting
Time & Location
About The Event
Dry Fly Casting Clinic
The GCFF Mentors will be instructing this Dry Fly Casting Clinic. For those of our members that attended the “Advancing Your Skills Night” where we explained the “5 Essentials of a Good Cast” this will be a great chance to try the essentials out. We will review the 5 Essentials prior to the casting session.
We will show you:
- why it is important to eliminate slack in the fly line when casting
- the importance of timing as it relates to your fly line moving back and forth.
- what the “Variable Casting Stroke” is about
- the importance of applying the power properly. Smoothly.
- how to maintain a straight line path.
- the importance of integrating firm stops on your forward stroke to ”Flip the Tip”.
Bring your dry fly rod, reel, and line. Bring a 3x -7’6” tapered leader. Bring some 4x tippet material.
Bring lunch if you’d like.