Clinic: Nymphing and Rigging
Time & Location
About The Event
Join the GCFF Mentors for a Nymphing and Rigging clinic on the Lower Yuba River at Hammon Grove County Park. The clinic will start with a tabletop session putting your knowledge of knot tying to use. We will show you how to construct a tight-line nymphing leader and an indicator leader. We will then show you how to properly rig up to go fishing.
Once the tabletop session is complete we will head down to the river and instruct how to cast the nymphing rigs using split shot for the tight-line leader and then using an indicator and shot.
- Bring a 6 weight rod, preferably, or a 5 weight or 7 weight.
- Bring a 7 ½’ 3x leader or a 9’ 3x leader.
- Bring 3x and 4x Fluorocarbon tippet.
- Bring split shot and a Thingamabobber indicator.
- Bring your fishing gear waders and boots.
- You will need a 2018 CA fishing license and a Steelhead Report Card