Clinic: Spey casting on the grass
Time & Location
About The Event
It is 2019 and time for our first clinic on the grass.
If you enjoy swinging flies, then you’ll enjoy fishing with 2 handed fly rods. It’s about the grab and a take on the swing.
"The tug is the drug!"
Here's what you need to bring:
- A two handed rod, reel, and line; either spey or switch.
- A lawn practice leader (see recipe below)
- 10ft floating Mow tip
- 25lb mono in 12" lengths
- tie 12" pieces together with blood knots
- leave 3/4" tags on blood knots
- total leader length should be 9 to 10ft
Weather and rain conditions permitting, we plan to hold an on the water clinic with in a few weeks of this on the grass clinic.
See you at Memorial Park on the grass.