Clinic: Spey casting on the grass
Time & Location
About The Event
If you enjoy swinging flies, then you’ll enjoy fishing with 2 handed fly rods. It’s about the grab and a take on the swing.
"The tug is the drug!"
Must have 4 participants minimum and no more than 10 to hold clinic.
Make sure to send a photo of your COVID-19 vaccination card to Tom Grant, email@example.com, 530-263-2492
Here's what you need to bring:
- A two handed rod, reel, and line; either spey or switch.
- Skagit head with 10ft floating Mow tip, or
- Scandi line
- A lawn practice leader (see recipe below)
If you do not yet have two handed gear, contact Clay Hash to discuss a loaner.
- 25lb mono in 12" lengths
- tie 12" pieces together with blood knots
- leave 3/4" tags on blood knots
- total leader length should be 9 to 10ft
See you at Condon Park on the grass.
Tie up spey casting leadersBall fields
2 hours 30 minutes
Spey casting clinicBall fields