Time & Location
About The Event
Fly fishing for rainbows, camping out, and sharing a tri-tip pot luck dinner we each contribute to.
We will meet on Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. at Jenkins Point on the West side of the lake. Members are free to go where they please on Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
Fishout Leaders will camp at Grizzly Campground at Davis Lake (approx 2 hours from Grass Valley). Leaders' campsite will be posted at campground entrance.
For directions use this map and put in your starting point. Directions Map
For campground information and reservations: click here.
Tri-tip pot luck is Wednesday evening.
If your last name starts with:
- A - F Please bring a salad to share.
- G - M Please bring a side dish to share.
- N - S Please bring an appetizer to share.
- T - Z Please bring a dessert to share.
- Leader, Norm Sauer 530-205-6395 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-leader, Trent Pridemore 530-274-8770 email@example.com
Fish-out Committee Coordinator
- Larry Strauss 415-851-1978 firstname.lastname@example.org
Fish For: Rainbow Trout and Bass
See Don's Davis Lake write-up for insights on fishing Davis Lake especially during the damsel hatch.
- Rods: 5-6 weight
- Lines: floating, sinking, intermediate & sink tip
- Leaders: 9 to 15 feet, 3x
- Tippet: 4x or 5x
- Flies: damsel nymphs, callibaetis nymphs and dries, woolly buggers, leech patterns, blood midges, wiggle tails, snails and sheep creek specials; hook sizes 8 to 16
- Other: BIG NET, waders, boots, fins, polarized glasses, large hat, sun screen, lunch, layered clothing (cool nights, warm days); float tubes, pontoon boats, kayaks, and motor boats all work.
What participants need to know:
- If not camping, Lake Davis Lodge is good for accommodations.
- Directions: Take Hy. 80 East to Truckee, then Hwy. 89 to Sierraville. 89 tees in Sierraville, so turn left and go 4 miles to Sattlee and turn right on road A-23 and follow where it ends at Hwy. 70, turn left and proceed about 1-1/2 mile to Davis Lake sign, turn right and follow to the lake about 8 miles. Grizzly Campground is the first campground at the lake's east side.