Fishout-Lake Almanor 2019
Time & Location
About The Event
Description of Event: This is a week long fishout at PSEA Camp Almanor, which is a private PG&E camp with rental cabins. Larry Uno and Jeanne Romero are hosting the cabins. There are 2 cabins available. If the cabins are full there is a nearby PG&E campground: Rocky Point Campground-355 Rocky Point Rd., Canyon Dam, CA 95923. In addition to Lake Almanor, there are many other fishing opportunities in the immediate area, both streams and other lakes.
Larry Uno.............email@example.com......(530) 559-7593 ....Leader
Jeanne Romero....firstname.lastname@example.org.....(530) 990-0244 ....Co-Leader
Fish-out Coordinator: Tom Grant...email@example.com.....530-263-2492
Fish For (species): Trout and Bass
Fishing Strategy: Stillwater Fly Fishing for Trout and Bass using Float Tube, Pram, Pontoon Boat or other small watercraft. Nearby local streams also for dry fly and nymphing techniques for trout.
- Rods: 3wt. to 5 wt. for small stream fishing and 5 wt. to 8 wt. for the large bass and trout in Lake Almanor
- Lines: Floating, Intermediate, Type 2 and 3 sinking
- Leaders: 9 ft 2x, 3X or 4X
- Tippet: 2x, 3X or 4x Fluorocarbon
- Flies: Wooley Buggers, Leach patterns, Bass patterns. Hexagenia imitations. Try your favorite lake patterns as suggestive is the key here. All the usual trout patterns for the local streams
What participants need to know:
Go to the website at: PSEA Camp Almanor for additional information about the cabin and what to bring. You do not have to stay the whole week. After you sign up please contact Larry Uno for the days you want to stay at the cabin. Larry Uno will be compiling a schedule so that the participants are spread throughout the week.
Fees: The cost of the fishout depends on the amount of signup we get. The fees should be around $25 per night.