Fishout: Lakewood Bass Fishing - New Members
Time & Location
About The Event
This fishout is geared towards GCFF New Members ( New in 2017, 2018 or 2019) has a 10 person limit. Preference is given to these new members. The first 10 new members to sign up get to go. However sign up anyway to get on waiting list. Even if it looks like the event is full, please register anyway since member's plans do often change.
Bass and Bluegill fishing. Start time is 9:00am and hard finish is at 6:00pm. Once it is dark, there is no light on the lake and it can be quite dangerous. Bring personal flotation devices (PFDs). Lake is deepest near the dam. BYOB and lunch.
- Ralph Wood 530-346-7065
- Co-Leader Tim Ackerman (530) 265-8400
Fish-out Committee Coordinator (To helps GCFF Club Coordinate with Leaders)
- Tom Grant 530-263-2492
Fish along the banks. Hit pockets. Dam area is deepest water.
- Rods: 9' - 5-6 weight
- Lines: Full sink, sink tip, and floating
- Leaders: 9’ of 6 to 8 lb. test Fluoro or Mono
- Tippet: 6 to 8 lb. test Fluoro or Mono
- Flies: Poppers, foam bugs, wholly buggere ( black or green), and streamers - size 4 to size 10. Try bellyache minnow.< Check with Reel Anglers Fly Shop.
- Other: Float tube, a camera for pictures in the newsletter.
What participants need to know:
- Bring your own lunch, and BYOB.