Fishout: Lakewood Bass Fishing - New Members
Time & Location
About The Event
This fishout is geared towards GCFF New Members ( New in 2018, 2019 or 2020) has a 10 person limit. Preference is given to these new members, who have not fished Lakewood on Jackie's Pond before. The first 10 new members to sign up get to go. However sign up anyway to get on waiting list. Even if it looks like the event is full, please register anyway since member's plans do often change.
Make sure to click on "Read More" below for important information about this outing.
Bass and Bluegill fishing. Start time is 9:00am with a hard finish is at 6:00pm. Once it is dark, there is no light on the lake and it can be quite dangerous. Bring yourr personal flotation devices (PFDs) which are required. Lake is deepest near the dam.
See What participants need to know, below.
- Leader Tim Ackerman (530) 265-8400
Fish-out Committee Coordinator (To helps GCFF Club Coordinate with Leaders)
- Tom Grant 530-263-2492
Fish along the banks. Hit pockets. Dam area is the deepest water.
- Rods: 9' - 5-6 weight
- Lines: Full sink, sink tip, and floating
- Leaders: 9’ of 6 to 8 lb. test Fluoro or Mono
- Tippet: 6 to 8 lb. test Fluoro or Mono
- Flies: Poppers, foam bugs, wholly buggere ( black or green), and streamers - size 4 to size 10. For bass try a bellyache minnow, which you can buy from the Reel Anglers Fly Shop.
- Other: Float tube, net, a camera for pictures in the newsletter.
What participants need to know:
- Bring your own lunch, and BYOB.
- We will meet to car-pool at 8:30 the morning of the trip.
- Start time is no earlier than 9:00am, and hard finish is at 6:00pm (or sooner if you like, since some prefer to leave after lunch.)
- A combination to the private gate will be made available prior to the trip.
- An informal clinic will be held prior to the trip to co-ordinate loaner gear of waders, fins, float tubes and assorted tackle that new fisherfolk may need to borrow.