Time & Location
About The Event
Description of Event: Fly fishing from float tubes or other small water craft
· Mike Connor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 432-3236
Fish-out Coordinator: Mike Connor
Fish For (species): rainbows, brookies, and mackinaw
Fishing Strategy: Trolling or retrieving from float tube, pontoon boat or small boat, probably in fairly shallow water not too far from shore, and not necessarily a long distance from the ramp. Some may want to use oars or motor to search for larger mackinaw although we caught them up to 15” within ¼ mile of the boat ramp.
· Rods: 4 -6 weight rods 9 – 10 long
· Lines: intermediate or sinking to match rod
· Leaders: We used 7.5’ tapered to 4x
· Tippet: 4x
· Flies: Streamers and other underwater flies. A seal burnt orange seal bugger size 10 with either burnt orange or olive tail worked.
· Other: PDF, hat, sunscreen, warm clothes
What participants need to know:
It takes about 2 hours to drive there from Grass Valley.
Camping is available. Gold Lake Campground has 37 camp sites, with toilets and trash pickup. It does not take reservations. $10 until sometime in mid-October when services are no longer available but sites may be used.
Lakes Basin Campground is takes reservations: 1-877-444-6777