Lakewood Bass Fish-out
Time & Location
About The Event
This fishout has a 10 person limit. The first 10 to sign up get to go. However sign up anyway to get on waiting list. Even if it looks like the event is full, please register anyway since member's plans do often change. Bass and Bluegill fishing.
All participants must be GCFF members with a signed waiver, and are required to show proof of completed Covid -19 vaccinations completed 2 or more weeks in advance of this event. If proof not shown before the event, must be shown at gathering location.
Hosts requests car-pooling to reduce number of cars. Meet at 8:45 to car pool. See important details below.
Start time is 9:00am and hard finish is at 4:00pm. Bring float tube or similar and wear a personal flotation devices (PFD). Lake is deepest near the dam.
Gathering location: Check in is 8:45am. Meet our group Leaders at parking lot of Auburn Valley Golf Course & Event Center, show proof of vaccination (if not previously shown), and car-pool to pond. All must meet here to arrange car pooling in at 8:45, no one in after 9am, since Gate code will not be shared. We will designate a safe place to park any extra vehicles.
- Frank Rinella 530-906-4116 and Larry Uno 530-559-7593
Fish-out Committee Coordinator
- Tom Grant 530-263-2492
Fish along the banks. Hit pockets. Dam area is deepest water.
- Rods: 9' - 5-7 weight
- Lines: Full sink, sink tip, and floating
- Leaders: 9’ of 3X (8 lb) test Flouo or Mono
- Tippet: 2-3 ft tippet 4x-5X (5 - 7 lb.) Fluoro or Mono
- Flies: Poppers, foam bugs, streamers - size 4 to size 10. Try belle ache minnow. Check with Reel Anglers Fly Shop.
- Other: Float tube, a camera for pics for the GCFF newsletter.
- Chair / Mask.
What participants need to know:
- Bring your own lunch. For social and lunch hours bring a chair and a mask.