Moreno’s Bass Pond Fish-out
Time & Location
About The Event
We will be fishing for for bass (including some good-size bass) and panfish in Tom Moreno's 3 acre bass pond in Penn Valley. Poor weather may cause a reschedule.
There is an 8 person limit to this fishout and a $25 fee (includes BBQ hamburger lunch).
We will meet at the Park N Ride at Hwy 20 & Pleasant Valley Road in Penn Valley. For directions use this map and put in your starting point. Directions Map
- Mike Connor 530-432-3236 firstname.lastname@example.org
Fish-out Committee Coordinator
- Larry Strauss 415-851-1978 email@example.com
Fish For: Bass and Panfish
Casting from shore.
Be prepared to fish a couple of the following methods:
- Poppers or sliders or other bass bugs on a floating line.
- Streamers, wooly buggers, etc. on an intermediate line.
- Rods: 5-6 weight
- Lines: Floating and intermediate, to match rod; you may want to oversize the line to help cast big bass bugs.
- Leaders: 7½ foot leader tapered to about 1X.
- Tippet: 2 ft, 1X or 2X
- Flies: Various bass bugs, e.g., black or olive wooly buggers or sparkle buggers; seal buggers; anything that looks like a 1 – 3 inch long little fish; sliders or poppers of various colors, especially green or yellow; Sizes 12 to size 10
- Other: Waders, wading staff; polarized sunglasses; sun screen; a camera for pics in the newsletter.
What participants need to know:
- $25 fee includes BBQ hamburgers for dinner. Bring a $20 and a $5. Bring your own drinks.
- The pond is located just off Pleasant Valley Road in Penn Valley. We will meet at the Park N Ride and car pool a mile or so to the pond.
- Bring your best bass bugs and bass catching tricks to trick the big ones.